Semperian operates a two-tier governance structure, where The Board of Directors is responsible for business strategy, oversight and compliance. The Investment Advisory team manages the underlying portfolio to deliver growth and maximise investor value to deliver the target return.
Semperian’s Board of Directors, comprises five non-executive directors, two Executive Directors and a Chairman.
The main board members are:
- Leslie Tennant (chairman)
- Christopher Rule (non-executive)
- Padmesh Shukla (non-executive)
- Karen Hill (non-executive)
- Paddy Dowdall (non-executive)
- William Doughty (independent non-executive)
- Alan Birch (executive)
- Jonathan Simpson (executive)
The Board of Directors is responsible for managing corporate governance and shareholder interests. In accordance with the principles and recommendations of the AIC Code of Corporate Governance (“AIC Code”) by reference to the AIC Corporate Governance Guide for Investment Companies (“AIC Guide”) the Board has established the following committees:
- Audit Committee
- Corporate Risk Committee
- Remuneration Committee
- Security and Conflicts Committee
- Investment Committee
The Investment Advisory team recommend new investments opportunities to the Investment Committee, which has delegated authority from the Board of Directors.
- Semperian owns an interest in 94 assets, with the following characteristics:
- Mostly Availability based income source, providing 88% of future income
- Negligible Construction risk across the portfolio
- High degree of asset control, with an average of 80% ownership of each asset
- The average remaining life of the investments is in excess of 19 years