PPP Investment Partners
Oversees the acquisition of new investments, as well as the maintenance and enhancement of asset value throughout the life of each project.
Delivery of a broad range of specialist services to individual project companies.
Asset compliance and active contract management in UK PFI through a collection of multi-disciplinary specialist resources.
The Semperian Group is focused on providing essential infrastructure to the public sector and aims to deliver a positive social and environmental impact through responsible Capital Investment and industry leading Infrastructure Management.
Provide and maintain a platform for investment into sustainable infrastructure projects, where performance is measured against our social impact as well as financial return.
Foster an environment for all employees that is inclusive, supportive and focused on wellbeing. Our values are the core foundation that allow everyone the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Strive to ensure a positive impact on society and the environment by working in partnership with our clients and supply-chain to benefit all our stakeholders.
Wellbeing and Development of
Have a positive impact on
Enhance and protect Semperian’s
Semperian PPP Investment Partners Group Limited (“Semperian”) was launched in October 2007, with the initial acquisition of a £1.0bn portfolio of infrastructure assets from Land Securities plc. Semperian provides its investors with access to a large, diverse portfolio of mature PPP infrastructure investments with long term inflation linked returns, matched to investors’ long term liabilities. Although Semperian was formed in 2007, the group’s origins date back to 2001. A brief history of the company can be found in the links below:
- Semperian acquired a 25% incremental stake in the A1 (D2D) road project.
- Semperian acquired an 80% stake in the M3 Toll Road in the Republic of Ireland.
- Semperian acquired an 80% stake in the M4 Toll Road in the Republic of Ireland.
- Semperian acquired a 50% stake in the M50 Motorway in the Republic of Ireland.
- Semperian participates in the equity raise for the Riverside II development within the Cory Riverside project.
- Semperian acquired a 33% stake in the Aberdeen West Peripheral Route Project.
- Semperian acquired the remaining stake in the Fife Hospital project from HICL.
- Semperian acquired a further stake in the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital project.
- Semperian established a new £75m Revolving Credit Facility to smooth equity raise process for new investment and provide capacity to enter into Letters of Credit.
- Semperian acquired a stake in the Cory Riverside EfW project
- Semperian acquired a 50% stake in the Fife Hospital project from Balfour Beatty.
- Semperian acquired an 80% stake in the Edinburgh University Student Accommodation project from Balfour Beatty.
- Semperian acquired further interests in the XJ4 portfolio.
- Semperian acquired further interests in the Wolverhampton Radiology project and 100% of the Glasgow Carpark project from Impregilo.
- Semperian acquired further interest in the South Manchester Healthcare project from Sodexo.
- Semperian acquired the 100% interest in Belmarsh West Prison.
- Semperian increased its assets under management, with a combination of asset rotation from small scale investments to incremental stakes in its larger holdings.
- PIML is sold to Compass Group, with the TUPE transfer of 411 staff originally employed within the PIML business.
- Jarvis PPP FM business is placed in administration. SAML TUPE transfer 411 members of staff and takes on the management of these contracts directly to ensure service continuity to our clients.
- Semperian Investment Partners (“Semperian”) acquired SAML in 2009, when Land Securities Ltd exited the PFI sector, at which point 140 members of staff were TUPE transferred to Semperian to manage a total of 61 MSA contracts.
- Land Securities Ltd acquires SAML (as part of the acquisition of SMIF). By this time it managed 40 assets and directly employed over 70 members of staff in the Asset Management Companies.
- The Semperian Group originates from 2005, when the Secondary Market Infrastructure Fund (“SMIF”) created SMIF Asset Management Limited (“SAML”) to provide efficient stewardship of its investments through direct management of the project SPV companies.
- Semperian as an independent organisation originates from the establishment of the Secondary Market Infrastructure Fund(“SMIF”) that was created to provide shareholders access to 24 PPP infrastructure assets with a value of £123 million and create independent management focus solely on the invested assets.
- Semperian originates from the establishment of the SecondaryMarket Infrastructure Fund Facility (“SMIFF”) that was created by Abbey National and Babcock & Brown in the first ever UK PFI secondary market transaction, with the acquisition of 24 assets from Barclays bank with a value of £100 million.